Coconut rava ladoo - Nariyal sooji ladoo - simple ladoo recipe with fresh grated coconut, sooji rava and raw cane sugar flavored with nutmeg or jaiphal. It's a simple ladoo recipe without using milk or milkmaid and hence it's vegan.
I just love coconut and try to include it in all forms in everyday cooking. There are many coconut recipes on this blog and many more in my todo list 🙂 I extract fresh coconut milk and use it in smoothies, rice dishes, everyday curries. Recently, I have started making yogurt with fresh coconut milk and I'm loving it. I will post detailed steps and uses of coconut yogurt later.
Some of the coconut recipes you may be interested in
Coming to this recipe, I have used nutmeg to flavor the ladoos. Generally, cardamom powder is used but nutmeg or jaiphal goes very well with coconut. Try it once and you will love it. And nutmeg is a wonderful spice and comes with many health benefits. This recipe uses raw cane sugar, I also make these using Khansari sugar.
Other variations of coconut ladoo on this blog are
If you try this recipe or any of my recipes, please share your valuable feedback. I would love to hear your feedback on any of my recipes. You can share the feedback here or on my personal Instagram or Facebook page. Please do share the recipe if you like it 🙂
Coconut rava ladoo recipe:
Coconut rava ladoo - Nariyal ladoo
- 2 cups grated fresh coconut
- ⅓ cup unrefined cane sugar
- 3 tbsp sooji rava
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Grate the fresh coconut. 1 big coconut will yield around 2 cups of grated coconut.
- Heat a pan, add sugar and water to it. Let it boil till the sugar solution reaches double string consistency.
- While sugar solution is boiling, roast the sooji rava till it turns light brown. You can add a tsp of ghee or coconut oil while roasting it.
- Once the sugar solution reaches double string consistency, add grated coconut and mix it well.
- Cook this mixture on low flame for around 7-8 minutes. Coconut will release some water and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now add roasted sooji rava and mix well.
- After a couple of minutes, switch off the stove and add grated nutmeg for flavor. You can use green cardamom powder as well.
- Final mixture will be as shown in below picture. Keep it aside for 5 minutes and shape ladoos. The given measurements will yield around 8 medium sized ladoos.