Makhana raita - a simple raita recipe made with yogurt and Phool makhana or foxnuts.
Phool makhana or foxnuts are very nutritious and I try to include them in our meals frequently. My daughter likes them so much, I try to do more recipes with it so that she will eat food without any fuss. 😀 You can find more about makhana nutrition and how to make a healthy snack with it here.
I haven't added any tadka to this. Also, I have used cucumbers to make makhana raita more healthy. You can add grated carrots as well or skip veggies completely. Sometimes, instead of using plain makhana, I use roasted makhana to make this raita which will save time on busy days. As roasted makhana has spices in it, I will just adjust salt and skip other spices in this recipe.
I generally add makhana and keep it aside for few minutes so that they become soggy. We like in this way 🙂
If you try this recipe or any of my recipes, please share your valuable feedback. I would love to hear your feedback on any of my recipes. You can share the feedback here or on my personal Instagram page. Please do share the recipe if you like it 🙂
Recipe for makhana raita:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup plain makhana
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 green chili
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop cucumber, green chili.
- Heat a pan and add ghee or oil to it. Add makhana to the pan and roast them till they become crisp. Once they become crisp, keep them aside and let them cool down.
- Now take curd in a bowl and whisk it to get a smooth consistency.
- Add chopped cucumber, green chili, cumin powder, and salt. Mix everything well and add roasted makhana. Serve immediately.
- If required you can add little water to adjust the consistency of the raita.