Vegan Pesto sauce
Traditional Italian sauce made with sweet basil leaves.
Servings 1 cup
- 100 gms Italian Basil leaves ( Around 2 cups tightly packed leaves)
- 100 gms Cashews (Around 3/4 cup)
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 3 garlic pods
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Adjust olive oil according to your preference.
- This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for a month.
- To keep it fresh, store this in an airtight glass container.
- Top it with olive oil to prevent oxidization.
- Cashews can be replaced with almonds or walnuts or pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.