Kothimeera pachadi - Coriander chutney
Quick, easy and healthy cilantro chutney recipe ith sesame seeds and Indian spices. This chutney is versatile and can be used as a side dish for idly, dosa, as a dip or sauce and also with hot rice and ghee.
- 1 cup coriander leaves (tightly packed leaves along with stems)
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 2 green chili
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon ( around 1 tbsp juice)
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder(optional)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- salt to taste
Wash and drain coriander leaves along with its stem.
Dry roast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes and keep them aside. They should just start to pop.
Now dry roast cumin and fenugreek seeds till they are fragrant and keep them aside.
Add tsp of oil to the same pan and fry the green chili. This step is optional. You can add green chilis directly as well.
Now take all the ingredients except coriander leaves and grind it into a smooth paste or fine powder. If required add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
Add coriander leaves to the mixer grinder and make it into a smooth paste.
Transfer the kothimeera pachadi into a serving bowl.
- This dish keeps well in the refrigerator for 2 days and 15 days to a month in the freezer.
- You can use Peanuts or other seeds like sunflower, pumpkin seeds in place of sesame seeds.