This Paneer besan curry is a dry curry recipe with besan or chickpea flour and veggies. Baked this simple curry in an oven, which is perfect for busy work days.
Besan or gram flour is made from Bengal gram. This high protein gluten-free flour is rich in iron, folate, vitamin B6 and Manganese. It’s a very versatile flour, used to make curries, cheela, thepla, ladoo, and many more.
Coming to this recipe, I have used green capsicum and tomatoes along with paneer and made it without onion and garlic. You can add onion as well if you wish. This curry will be good to use as stuffing for any rolls.
Sometimes I prepare paneer besan mixture at night and refrigerate it overnight. Bake the curry the next day morning to save time. You can marinate the paneer besan mixture for 30 minutes at room temperature. If marinating for more time, refrigerate it.
How to make baked paneer besan curry :
Baked Paneer besan curry
- Dry roast besan flour till raw smell goes off. It will take around 6-8 minutes.
- Chop paneer, capsicum and tomatoes into cubes. Remove seeds from tomatoes.
- Take yogurt in a mixing bowl and beat it well. Add all spice powders, salt, oil, kasuri methi, roasted besan flour and mix it well.
- The batter will be little thick and running consistency. If it's too thick you can add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
- Now add paneer, capsicum and tomato cubes to besan batter and mix everything well.
- Take a baking tray or dish and transfer paneer besan mixture into it. Bake it for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- The top layer should be evenly browned, if not you can bake for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove the tray from oven and the dish is ready to serve!
Different variations in making paneer besan curry:
- I haven’t tried but broccoli or cauliflower or baby corn will also go well in this curry.
- To make it vegan, replace paneer with tofu or make it only with veggies. And replace yogurt with any plant-based yogurt.
- If you want to make this on the stovetop, prepare the paneer besan mixture in the same way. Heat a non-stick pan and add this mixture and cook it till the mixture becomes somewhat dry.