Millet lemon rice - Traditional lemon rice made healthy by replacing rice with cooked millet.
You can have this for any meal and will be a good lunch box option also. Apart from rice and wheat, we try to include millets as well in our day to day meals. So I try to make all types of traditional dishes with millet.
If you have already cooked millet,
As you are here, you might be interested in millet recipes, do check them out. Also, check similar recipes with cooked millet.
Millet lemon rice recipe:
- 3 cups cooked millet I used foxtail millet
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook the millet and keep it aside. Leftover cooked millet can also be used.
- To the cooked millet, add lemon juice, salt and mix it well.
- Now, heat the pan for tadka.
- Add oil and once it is heated well, add peanuts and let it fry for 2 minutes. If you are using roasted peanuts, you can add them at last. Else peanuts take some time to cook, so add it at the beginning.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Hing, urad dal, chana dal, slitted green chili, red chili, curry leaves, and turmeric powder. Fry all the ingredients for a few minutes till they are roasted well.
- Now add sesame seeds and let it fry for one minute and turn off the stove. Sesame seeds don't take time to cook and hence we add it at last.
- Once the tadka is cooled down a little bit, add this to millet mixture and mix it nicely.
- Millet lemon rice is ready to serve. It will be a good breakfast or lunch item.